Friday, November 14, 2008

What the heck is that all about, God?!?!

So, it's been nearly a week since our last "Simply Desperate" prayer service where God came in an unusual way. You may have God all figured out, but there are some times when all I can do is look to Heaven and ask, "What the heck is that all about?" That sums up the way I feel about last week's silent treatment...

Let me explain. During prayer last Sunday morning God totally interrupted our nice prayer service and shut things down, in a good way...I think. Music and prayer turned to silence. Twenty minutes of it. Talk about awkward, but also very stirring. I was completely moved, as was most everyone else who was there but I don't think a single one of us can nail down what God did in that extended period of silence. That bugs me.

I want to be on the inside. I want to know why, how, what, when and where. So why is this such a mystery a week later? I think it's because God needs us to understand that there are some things that we'll never get. And so, I resolve to swallow my pride and ask God to do something, ANYTHING in me, whether I get it or not.

I may never understand what happened last Sunday morning, but I do know that I trust His hand in my life. I felt Him rewiring me and softening my heart at a time when I am on edge with Him. He always comes through and shows me that He cares...

...even if I don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man...and here I was hoping you'd be able to explain it to me..

    ReplyDelete