Monday, November 10, 2008

Life is good, even when it doesn't feel like it.

I know that faith is not just believing a buch of stuff that is handed to me, but that faith is only faith when my beliefs move me into some kind of action. The truth is that this kind of faith action is rarely a pleasurable experience...in fact, I am realizing that the faith Jesus taught was not a "fix-everything-in-your-life" faith, but that the minute you hear God's voice is the last peaceful minute you will ever live. So I resolve to do what I must do with all my heart, confessing that "life is good...even when it doesn't feel like it." I just have to learn to ignore my feelings sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah,
    I so needed to read the "Life is good, even when it doesn't feel like it" comment. The timing was obviously God's since it comes on the eve of a surgery whose outcome will be other than what I would have chosen. As I prepare myself emotionally, spiritually, and physically for tomorrow, your comment helps reinforce that God is in control. Nothing will happen that He hasn't allowed. I stand on Romans 8:28 and Philippians 3:7-11 and pray for the presence of God to be so strong in the hospital that people ask, "What is that?!" May God be glorified and praised.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete