Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Awaken" and 72 hours of knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

The last two days have been furious, fierce and very powerful in my life. On Thursday, I went with Gerry, Marvin and Jason to Pittsburgh for a time of reflection, planning and seeking God's heart for our church, Freedom Valley Worship Center. God met me in a very unique way through Johannes Amritzer (God often uses him this way in my life). I am challenged to reach deeper and draw out humility that hasn't even been used yet when I see his example. Time in worship renewed my heart and the message on the Holy Spirit's role in the Book of Acts peeled away layers of callous religiosity and lit me up on the inside again.

The drive up and back was full of vision, laughter and close calls with the cops (Yes, I was driving. Lord, help me be a better driver :) I sometimes wonder what I am doing in the midst of great men like Gerry, Marvin and Jason, but I am challenged again and again to stretch my faith when I am around them and I am honored to be allowed in such great company.

Which brings me to today. On the heels of this trip, I was swept into our 24 hour prayer vigil and have been there since, (with the exception of a quick trip home to see Cori and the kids). So here I am in hour twenty-one with a heart full of God and a desire for more vision, humility and faith than I have ever known.

Sleep will come eventually, but I know that God is moving even as I sleep. I am filled with anticipation as I think of the great plan of God for us in Gettysburg. God help us to rise up in faith and awaken our hearts. To be aware of the enemy's movements and to stand firm in the face of adversity because it will come. Holy Spirit, you are my Paraclete and I need you to be with me in the coming days, months and years!

jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment