Monday, August 17, 2009

Making myself a priority...


I have been working through some of Nelson Searcy's material on creating a one year personal growth plan and I have felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit concerning my current modus operandi. I am generally (not always) a selfless person by nature, but there is a problem with that. I often place so much importance on taking care of others, that I forget to take care of myself.

In other words, I feel God speaking to me to get very intentional in challenging myself to greater goals of righteousness, personal accountability and ministry effectiveness every 365 days. Within that time, I will make rest, personal growth and leadership goals that will stretch me to be a radically more influential individual in the Kingdom.

I have already begun this process on a smaller scale with the 6x6 coaching and I can feel the joy of the Holy Spirit as I have asked Him for the grace to stretch those goals out over a greater period of time. During the space of time from Sept. 2009 to the end of Aug. 2010, I will set some very clear and measurable goals for my daily, weekly and monthly investment of time to get me where Jesus wants me. I realize that the investment of time is the most valuable investment I can make for my personal and spiritual growth.

It is my belief that a life is wasted minute by minute so I am resolved to trim the wasted time out of my week. I will also learn how to keep control of my calendar so that I am not tossed around by every need that pops up in the course of a day. Stay tuned, I'll keep everyone updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment