Monday, August 24, 2009

Handling stress



Jesus life and ministry was filled with moments of intense, stressful circumstances and adversity. However, He always managed to stay cooler than Obama at an NRA convention. I often wonder why I can't manuever through stress in the same manner. Jesus seems to breeze through crowds of angry opponents and death threats like a hot knife through butter. I think that Jesus' perspective on things made Him view life and it's circumstances with a confidence that comes from knowing their outcome has eternal ramifications. Plus, He is God...

I am not God...but I have the ability to ask Him for help when I face tough spots in my life. Since I agreed to do His will in starting a new church, I have been subjected to some severe stress like I have never experienced before, but I am finding that it is easier to be cool-headed and steady in the midst of these rough patches. I am more than a conqueror...and so are you! Don't lose your head over the stress of life. Stay close to the Father and let Him tell you what He thinks about the turbulence in your life. His perspective is perfect.

1 comment: