Sunday, January 4, 2009

One foot in front of the other...How to start a site. I think.

Ok. I have surrendered my ambitions to Him and I have begun to experience the most enjoyable discomfort I have ever known. A friend of mine always used to say to me, "The moment you give your life to Christ is the last comfortable moment you will ever have!" He is right...

I have decided to plant a site/church. I have no idea how to do that. Still, I am going to press on, one foot in front of the other to try and pull some thoughts out of the soupy swamp that is my head so that I can see the next season of my life the way God sees it. This is my attempt at creating a 1 year time line for this church plant...(don't laugh, it's harder than you might think) So here goes...

Essentials: (forever and ever, amen)
  • Pray constantly
  • Fast weekly
  • Be led by the Holy Spirit
  • Push toward the outside (be evangelistic)
  • Stay close to Jesus

Long Term: (10-12 mos. from today)
  • Weekly services begin
  • Volunteer worship team (leaders) developed to launch
  • Volunteer kids' ministry team (leaders) developed to launch
  • Occupying site by lease (Outlet mall, shopping center, et al.)
  • Operating daily at new site with outreach programs and ministry activities
  • Fast one 24 hour period each month in addition to weekly fast
Short Term: (6-10 mos. from today)
  • Small group meeting in monthly preview services
  • Volunteer worship team (leaders) in place and in training
  • Volunteer kids' ministry team (leaders) in place and in training
  • site location secured and finalized
  • Leadership network organized to create ministry opportunities in new site
  • Fast one 24 hour period each month in addition to weekly fast
Shorter Term: (4-6 mos. from today)
  • Small group (launch team) meeting monthly with worship and bible study
  • Leadership training for ministry leaders in full swing with 5-10 people involved
  • Site name and focus will be determined
  • Develop leadership network and fill matrix with potential leaders
  • Finish credentialing process with AG
  • Complete church planting boot camp
  • Complete church planters evaluation process with Tom Reese
  • Fast one 24 hour period each month in addition to weekly fast
  • Pray with core leadership team weekly to develop vision further
Even Shorter Term (2-4 mos. from today)
  • Develop monthly small group meeting in home
  • Begin credentialing process with AG
  • Meet bi-monthly with church planting/sites team and coach
  • Fast one 24 hour period each month in addition to weekly fast
  • Pray for more vision and write it down (Habakkuk 2:2)
(This list is in no way complete, but it's a start)

Please pray with me that I can do this with faithfulness and complete dependence on God. Thanks people.

jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment