Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sickness...BLAH!!!

Ok...

So I was sick for the better part of this week. I am back on my feet after a toe-to-toe with some nasty flu bug and I am alive, and wiser for it.

Let me explain...

On last Friday (Nov. 20, while I was still healthy) Cori and I attended the ARC conference in DC and were blessed beyond words by the ministry of this church planting group, their heart for the everyday people and for the planters who will reach them. During one of the sessions on spiritual foundations, Billy Hornsby, the founder and energy behind ARC, stressed the importance of prayer in the life of a church planter for his own health, vision and strength to carry out this call. I nodded my head and even tweeted about how I was gonna make prayer a higher priority in my life. Here's what I learned:

A tweet does not make prayer a higher priority in my life..I do!! I feel as if this sickness was a direct result of my failure to make prayer a permanent priority in my new vision as a church planter. That's why I am renewing my commitment to pray over my family, my health and my vision so that I can stay active for God with more consistency and clarity in the coming months.

There's more though...I need you! God has also showed me the power of covering prayers from those who are walking with me through these experiences and I am asking God for several people to join in prayer over my family, integrity, health and ministry as I make this huge leap to bring more people into God's family. So, will you join me by simply checking this blog once a week? During that time, I ask you to pray for protection over my family and for whatever God is doing in me that week.

That's it!! Please comment back (or email me) if you plan to do this so that I know who I can lean on in times when I need the prayers of saints offered in my direction. Thanks for considering it!

jeremiah
www.theintersectioncommunity.com

3 comments:

  1. Jeremiah, I want to cover you regularly in prayer! I'll check your blog and would love to get some regular updates from you via email or something too! I'll start the prayers this morning - J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah, i will be praying for you and convering you in prayer as well. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah, I will pray protection and health for you and your family.I will check in on your blog weekly. You are a great man of God. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete