Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Crossing the Threshold (August 13th, 2017)

Leaving the house gave me extra pause this time.


I have crossed this threshold countless times for everyday errands, visits and ministry. Today it was different. Not because I forgot my keys or coffee cup, but because I could sense that I was doing more than just leaving my house. I was crossing the threshold into something more than just an everyday adventure.

God has spoken very clearly to me that I must go on a journey like the prophets we read about in the Old Testament. Just a destination. No back up plan or extra cash. Just trust. So I am leaving my home, my family and what I know to experience God in a new way and hear His voice more clearly regarding my purpose, call and the next season of my life and ministry. I did more than leave my house this morning...I crossed the threshold into a new reality. I am leaving my pre-conceived ideas of God behind and chasing after what He wants.

Father, lead me and direct every step and action. I trust you for provision!

 (From journal on August 13th, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment