Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 is here!! So Now what?


Does it ever feel like it's easy to start the year with excitement and anticipation? Have you ever wondered where that excitement goes around the third week of January? For some of us, the dream of a great year may even get bogged down before then. I have experienced it time and again and I know that many of you can relate to losing the "I-Can-Do-This!" feeling that culminates in your New Year's resolutions falling flat.

A couple years ago, I realized that the reason I experienced the slump in the past was because I had failed to turn my resolutions into sustainable vision and goal setting for the entire year. Since that time, I have made it a high priority to put my (personal and ministry) goals and vision for the New Year into writing as quickly as possible each January.

This year I am going public with our vision as a leadership team at the Intersection. We believe that God has established 2011 as a year for us to grow deep in faith, family and community. As a church, we have set our faith on that same, larger vision which will manifest itself in 6 definable and measurable goals which include:

* Identify 8 new church system leaders
* Standardize the plan for Set-up and Tear Down
* 100 new decisions for Christ
* 35 confirmed baptisms in water
* To have a partnership class in place and working by the end of the year
* To get the Kids Mobility Center up and running by the End of May

I'd love to hear your feedback on this plan...or, if you want to share your own goals and vision for 2011, I would love to read about them!!

1 comment:

  1. They look like well thought out and prayed over goals. I pray God gives you the ability to blow them out!

    ReplyDelete