Sunday, December 7, 2008

Painful steps...

Feeling small today.

Worship was incredible and the time we spent in Simply Desperate rocked me to the core.

Hebrews 11 says that "By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead."

God is calling me to offer a better sacrifice. I am in competition with yesterday's sacrifice, not Cain. This morning, I heard Him ask me to drag my desires and dreams up onto the altar, still kicking and wriggling, and slit them from ear to ear. God help me have the faith to yield those things to you!

I surrender all my ambition and dreams to Christ and ask Him to help me to remain focused on His to-do list today. Like Abraham, I know your promises are true but I can't see beyond this sacrifice. I trust you with everything...

2 comments:

  1. I hate missing Simply Desperate. I can't wait to hear about it. Also, I have a song for you to listen to that would be great for next week.

    ReplyDelete